Uniform: Physical Education Kit
The Grey Coat Hospital PE Kit has a number of compulsory uniform items which must be purchased from Peter Jones, Sloane Square SW1W 8EL (or see the Schoolwear section of their website www.peterjones.co.uk). These are as follows:
Compulsory items available from Peter Jones only:
- Yellow short-sleeved airtex PE shirt
- Grey pleated PE skirt
- Black Leotard
- Short Grey or White socks
The PE department sells the following:
Items available from the PE Department only:
- Black GCH cycling shorts – COMPULSORY - must be worn for all activities. These are compulsory and are available only from the PE department.
- Sweatshirt – OPTIONAL - maroon or grey, this may be worn for PE as part of school uniform.
- Jogging Bottoms – OPTIONAL - these may be work for PE lessons in cold weather.
- Leggings – OPTIONAL - Plain black leggings may be worn for dance.
- Training Shoes must be mainly white with white laces.
- A large towel will be needed for showers after PE lessons.
Changing Into P.E. Kit
To make the most of the time available in lessons the PE Department have adopted a system of changing to ensure pupils have the maximum time involved in physical activity. Students must change in the PE changing rooms and as follows:
- P.E. Lessons Period 1 & 2 change before the start of school (8:00 – 8:20)
- P.E. Lessons Periods 3&4 change before the start of school (8:00 – 8:20)
- P.E. Lessons Period 5 &6 change at the beginning of lunch,(between 12.50 1.10pm)
- Girls must not travel to and from home in P.E. kit, but change once they arrive at school.
- Girls must not leave school in PE kit.
Back to Other News